Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Untold Truth.

Nobody talks about it. Or if they do, you don't believe them. Because you have to be the exception, right? When you graduate you'll have everything figured out. I saw my older friends graduate and they talked about how lonely they were or how much it sucks to be a grown up, but i didn't believe that would happen to me. I had it figured out. Move to a big city, land a great job, have an amazing social life...

Maybe that does happen to some, but for most of us college graduates life is currently not as expected, except I'm also not sure what I was expecting. Nobody talks about this. It's like we are the age group that is skipped. We're somewhere between crazy keggers and sophistication. I know I'm not alone in this because recent conversations have made me figure out that this is a normal thing. The problem is, nobody talks about it, so nobody thinks it's normal. You feel weird for not having anything figured out. Nobody tells you you're going to be broke and tired from working 9am-5pm. Nobody says you'll want to pick Netflix marathons over a night out at a bar because getting off the couch seems impossible.

That's why why I started blogging. Well I guess I have two reasons why. 1. I miss writing like crazy and although I told myself that I would continue writing, I have failed, so this is my chance at redemption 2. Although I do not expect this in anyway to reach beyond my parents, I think this age should be talked about more and although I'm not an expert on anything, maybe writing about it will help me figure it out. This isn't some profound blog, where I will answer life's questions. Let's be real, most of this is me ranting (isn't that what blogs were invented for?). But at least this will be one more person talking about this awkward in between years, even if it's just my dad reading it. 

2 comments:

  1. Love. This. Excited to see what you have to say! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first blog I have ever read.

    Love,

    Your little sister who is about to experience the same transition.

    P.s. Keep writing!!!

    ReplyDelete